Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Leadership Development Opportunities
Johns Hopkins Nursing has been providing development for nursing leaders for over a decade. Gain the knowledge and skills to lead your team to success, attend our Nursing Leadership Academy or let us customize a program for your organization.
Nursing Leadership Academy *** April Registration is Now Closed***
Attend our 4-day intensive program where you will learn evidence-based practices with management experts and practical strategies from experienced Johns Hopkins nursing leaders. This is a very interactive program and includes some of the following topics:
- Situational Leadership and Managing Performance
- Crucial Conversations©
- Improving Work Environment with Positive Psychology
- Strength Finders©
- Managing Conflict
- Healthcare Finance 101
- Calming Your Chaos
Advanced Nursing Leadership Academy
This engaging 3-day program, taught by expert nursing executives from the Johns Hopkins Health System and Johns Hopkins University School of Nursing, combines lecture, self-assessment, discussion, and small group activity.
- Become a transformational leader
- Manage nursing as a business
- Manage people by influencing and negotiating
- Develop conflict competence, using Conflict Dynamics Profile.
- Lead based on your strengths Master coaching skills
- Develop talent for succession planning
- Address ethical dilemmas in leadership
- Maximize staffing resources in care delivery models
- Build resilience through mindfulness