CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: September 1, 2014
Application Phase One:
Proposals should be a maximum of two pages in 12 point font to include
components listed below:
- Background (3 to 4 sentences)
- Project objective
- Methods (Description of the project, process of implementation, indentified learners)
- Proposed mentors, to include when possible both a content mentor and an educational scholarship mentor
- Significance and impact
- Statement that you have discussed this with your department director (or designee) and have their support
- Brief budget description
DUE DATE: October 17, 2014 by 5:00 p.m.
FULL PROPOSAL SUBMISSION INVITATION: December 5, 2014
Application Phase Two:
Formal proposals should be a maximum of 8 pages in 12 point font to include
numbers 1 and 2 below:
1. Outline of Individualized learning plan for professional faculty development to enhance
educational skills (maximum of 2 pages)
2. Proposal for Educational Scholarship
- Title page with title of project (not included in page count)
- Background/needs assessment
- Goals and objectives of study
- Statistical analysis/evaluation
- Impact within Hopkins and beyond
- Letters of support from mentors, which ideally should include both a content and an educational scholarship expert, detailing their role and time commitment to the project and the planned periodicity of mentoring meetings.
- Detailed budget and justification (the award may be used for salary support, the individual faculty educational development plan, and/or project expenses)
- A letter of support from your department director (or designee) indicating their support for the project, as well as the details of any time, funding or support they may be able to provide.
- Timetable and plan for dissemination
- List of specific deliverables to report to the IEE Managing Board, quarterly
4. Two page biosketches for both applicant(s) and mentor(s)
5. Curriculum vitae of applicant(s)
DUE DATE: January 28, 2015 by 5:00 p.m.