- Achieving sustainable improvements in hand hygiene compliance via a multi-component infection prevention program. Hanan Aboumatar, MD, MPH, Polly Ristaino, MS, CIC, Richard Davis, PhD, Trish Perl, MD. Abstract presentation. National Patient Safety Foundation Conference, Washington, DC, 2009 and Maryland Patient Safety Center 2009 Annual Conference.
- Engaging the patient as observer to promote hand hygiene compliance in ambulatory care. Bittle, Mark J.; LaMarche, Suzanne. Joint Commission Journal on Quality and Patient Safety, Volume 35, Number 10, October 2009 , pp. 519-3AP(-515).
- Effectiveness of a hospital-wide program to improve compliance with hand hygiene. D Pittet, S Hugonnet et al. Lancet 356 (2000), pp. 1307-1312.
- Comparative efficacy of alternative hand-washing agents in reducing nosocomial infections in intensive care units. Doebbeling BN, Stanley GL, Sheetz CT, et al. New England Journal of Medicine 1992;327:88–93.
- Guideline for hand hygiene in the health care setting. D Pittet, J Boyce. MMWR 2002; Vol. 51; No. RR-16.
- Compliance with handwashing in a teaching hospital. D Pittet, P Mourouga, Perneger T. (1999) Annals of Internal Medicine 130(2), 126–130.