Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
Find a doctor at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center or Johns Hopkins Community Physicians.
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
The Johns Hopkins Infectious Disease Center for Viral Hepatitis
The Center has a longstanding history of excellence and leadership in direct patient care and research in the management of viral hepatitis infection. We evaluate and manage patients with confirmed or suspected acute or chronic infections due to hepatitis B virus (HBV), hepatitis C (HCV), hepatitis D/delta virus (HDV), including those with HIV/AIDS.
We offer FDA approved treatments and access to cutting edge therapies in clinical trials. Our unique outpatient program offers extensive, specialized services in the hands of expert viral hepatitis clinicians, researchers, nurses and case managers. Our clinical provider team is comprised of 10 infectious disease-trained physicians and 4 nurse practitioners with expertise in the delivery of viral hepatitis care and treatment.
The Johns Hopkins Viral Hepatitis Center offers a comprehensive spectrum of services to manage and treat hepatitis B and C infections, including:
- Specialty services for the treatment of persons with hepatitis B and C including those coinfected with HIV
- Comprehensive clinical services targeting international patients seeking access to novel therapies
- Noninvasive liver staging methods, such as liver elastography
- Multidisciplinary team of viral hepatitis specialists, hepatologists, nurses and case managers with expertise in the continuum of viral hepatitis care from diagnosis to cure
- Individualized case management and specialty pharmacy services
General Information and Clinic Appointments
For information and appointments at all locations, please contact one of the following:
We offer outpatient services at two convenient locations:
The Johns Hopkins Medical Campus is home to two outpatient clinic settings for viral hepatitis specialty services. The campus is easily accessible from major North-South (I-95, I-83) corridors and East-West roads and highways (Rte. 40, 70 & 695). Johns Hopkins is also a short drive from Baltimore-Washington International Airport (BWI).
- Specialty Clinic at Blalock is located at the Johns Hopkins Hospital on the East Baltimore campus in the Blalock building. The East Baltimore campus offers access to state-of-the-art radiology, endoscopy and comprehensive liver transplant services to ensure every aspect of viral hepatitis care is readily available to our patients and their families. The clinic is located in the Johns Hopkins Hospital at 600 N. Wolfe St. Blalock 319 in Baltimore, MD 21287.
- Johns Hopkins Outpatient Center is located across the street from Johns Hopkins Hospital in downtown Baltimore City. The clinic is located at 601 N. Caroline St. in Baltimore, MD 21287.
We also see patients at a Johns Hopkins' suburban outpatient center, Johns Hopkins at Green Spring Station, providing an alternative to the downtown location. Located on the Baltimore beltway 20 minutes north of the downtown medical campus, Johns Hopkins at Green Spring Station is easily accessible from major roads and highways.