Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
Find a doctor at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center or Johns Hopkins Community Physicians.
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Inpatient Clinical Services
Johns Hopkins Hospital physicians may request inpatient Infectious Diseases consultation on any adult hospitalized patient by contacting the Infectious Diseases fellow on call any time of day.
Two Inpatient Consultation Services:
- The Mann Service is for general infectious diseases consultation, including HIV.
- The Polk Service is an inpatient service that coordinates inpatient care closely with the patient for admissions, discharges, induced sputum and pentamidine treatments.
- The Tucker Service specifically covers people who are “medically- immunosuppressed” by virtue of having received severely immunosuppressive biological therapies, transplant, and/or treatment for cancer.
- The Tucker Blue Service is a teaching service. Infectious Diseases Fellows consult and round on a daily basis with TOID physicians 7 days a week.
- The Tucker Red Service supports transplant and chemotherapy in-patients 52 weeks a year.
Inpatient consultation requests or contacting ID fellows may be done through the JH PING mobile system.