I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
The Immunogenetics Laboratory provides clinical histocompatibility testing and immunologic monitoring for solid organ and hematopoietic stem cell transplantation. The laboratory conducts research in transplantation immunology, immunogenetics, and population genetics and provides support for research in a variety of other areas. Since 1974, the laboratory has had a computer system that supports all of the laboratory activities and maintains a database on all tests performed in the laboratory and on all transplants.
The laboratory has an extensive education program for graduate students, post-doctoral fellows in nephrology, transplant surgery, and pathology; and laboratory technologists, as well as providing outreach services to dialysis units and patients.
To provide quality clinical laboratory services for the medical community and the patients we serve, conduct innovative scientific research and technological development, and establish and maintain education programs.
Our vision is to achieve a better understanding of the immune response; identify ways to abrogate unwanted immune responses in the treatment of rejection, graft versus host disease and immunologic disorders; define the immunogenetic basis of diseases; and support the development of new and improved vaccines.
Laboratory Licenses, Certification and Accreditation:
- Licensed by the State of Maryland (laboratory number 311)
- Certified, under CLIA, by the Health Care Financing Administration (certificate number 21D0689286)
- Approved by the Health Care Financing Administration as a freestanding histocompatibility laboratory (Medicare provider number 21HL01)
- Approved for membership as an independent laboratory by the United Network for Organ Sharing (approved in 1986, certificate issued in 1988)
- Accredited by the American Society for Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics
- Approved by the National Marrow Donor Program as a transplantation center laboratory
- Certified by Johns Hopkins University as a medical laboratory