I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Reasonable Accommodation Disability Request
The Johns Hopkins Hospital and Health System are committed to fair and equal employment of individuals with disabilities. Reasonable accommodation is the key to this non-discrimination policy.
While many individuals with disabilities can work without reasonable accommodation, other qualified applicants and employees face barriers to employment without the reasonable accommodation process. It is our policy to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship.
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment to a job, an employment practice, or work environment that makes it possible for a qualified individual with disability to enjoy an equal employment opportunity.
Examples of reasonable accommodations may include acquiring or modifying equipment or devices; modifying training materials; making facilities readily accessible; modifying work schedules; and reassignment to a vacant position.
View the Reasonable Accommodation of Individuals with Disabilities Policy for more information.
Submitting a Reasonable Accommodation Disability Request
Please follow the below steps to submit a Reasonable Accommodation Disability request:
- Complete a Request for Reasonable Accommodationform.
- Submit the form to your HR Representative.
- Schedule an appointment with Occupational Health Services by calling (410) 955-6211.
- An essential function/job analysis will be conducted, if necessary, and concerned parties will be engaged in an interactive process to identify what reasonable accommodations may be available.
- A decision regarding accommodation will be communicated to the employee.
- If management is unable to provide a reasonable accommodation, the applicant, new hire or current employee may request reconsideration of the decision.
- If you disagree with the decision, please contact the Office of Workforce Diversity.