Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Greg Rex, chair of the LGBT affinity
group "The Network," speaking at the
Diversity Best Practices Forum.
Building personal and professional relationships is important. Affinity Groups bring together employees with common backgrounds, interests or orientations. The following are examples of the types of activities that are common to Affinity Groups:
- Career development
- Employee education and training
- Employee recruitment and retention
- Community involvement
- Health disparities
Current Affinity Groups
- The Network – The Network of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Employees and Supporters seeks to create a welcoming and affirming environment for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender (LGBT) employees, patients, families, and friends. Contact The Network email@example.com
- HOLA – The Hopkins Organization for Latino Awareness seeks to improve the quality of and access to care for Latinos seeking healthcare at Johns Hopkins through scholarship, education, and policy leadership.
- Veterans For Hopkins – Veterans for Hopkins seeks to create a welcoming, affirming, and networking environment for veteran employees, patients, families and friends, and promoting the JHHS through mutually beneficial activities. Contact Veterans For Hopkins at firstname.lastname@example.org
- SHAPE 2020 – Strengthening Hopkins Asian and Pacific Islanders Employees for 2020.
Contact the Office of Workforce Diversity for more information about creating or joining an Employee Resource Group.