Baltimore City Community College Degree Program
The Johns Hopkins Hospital has partnered with Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) to provide hospital employees the opportunity to earn an Associate of Arts degree from the college’s fully accredited general studies program.
The 64-to-69 credit program allows employees who ultimately want to pursue a four-year health-related degree to take the first two years of prerequisite courses tuition-free. Upon completion of the Associate’s degree, credits can be transferred to an upper division of a four-year college or university.
Most courses are held in the evenings on the East Baltimore campus—a convenient option for full-time employees. This program is open to all benefits-eligible employees of The Johns Hopkins Hospital.
Courses offered as part of the program include, but are not limited to:
- Medical Terminology
- Computers for Business
- Elementary Statistics
- Physical Fitness and Health
Additional Features and Benefits
- Tuition is of no cost to you, but a grade of C or better in all courses is required to stay in the program.
- The only out of pocket expenses you are responsible for are student fees and textbooks.
- Student fees are approximately $36 to $38 per class.
- You may be eligible for a Pell grant to assist with books. You would have to apply for any grants or secondary funding on your own.
Learn More and Apply
Contact Kelly Greene from the HR department at 410-955-6748 for more information about this program.