Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
The Johns Hopkins Institution strives to ensure the Hopkins community is a safe, healthy, and environmentally responsible place to work, study and live for faculty, staff, and students. Members of the Hopkins community must conduct operations in compliance with applicable federal, state, and local regulations, and the Department of Health, Safety and Environment guidelines and standards.
Johns Hopkins Safety Policies
The links below to view the list of policies that can be found in each section. Each policy can be opened and printed individually. Please note, the links below will redirect you to Hopkins Policies Online.
- Section I - Safety Responsibilities: HSE 001
- Section II - Safety Policies: HSE 002 through HSE 051
- Section III - Research Labs and Environment of Care: HSE 302 through HSE 314
- Section IV - Fire Safety: HSE 401 through HSE 413
- Section V - Biological Safety: HSE 500 through HSE 511
- Section VI - Airborne Pathogen Control Program: HSE 601
- Section VII - Chemical Safety: HSE 701 through HSE 707
- Section VIII - Laboratory Safety: HSE 801 through HSE 811
- Section IX - Laboratory Safety (Hospital): HSEH805
- Section X - Radiation Safety: HSE 901 through HSE 916
Reason for Policy
This policy is intended to help prevent accidents and injuries, increase safety awareness, meet requirements of environmental and occupational health and safety laws and regulations, while reduce institutional liability, and establish safety responsibilities for members of the Hopkins community.
Who Should Read the Policy and What Entities are Affected?
All members (i.e. employees, staff, students, and independent contractors) affiliated with the Johns Hopkins Institution which includes Johns Hopkins Health System, Johns Hopkins Hospital and University (excluding the Applied Physics Laboratory).