|Smoke? Fire? Not sure? PULL THAT ALARM!|
In the event that you suspect smoke or fire, quick response is the key in employee and patient safety. In the past, fires have occurred on the East Baltimore campus and a fire alarm was never pulled. No matter what the circumstances, the fire alarm always needs to be activated. Please keep these steps in mind when responding to smoke and/or fire:
- Remove anyone from immediate danger.
- Close the door to the area.
- Pull the fire alarm (found along your exit routes).
- Call CENTREX at 5-4444 to give location of fire (if known).
- Only use a fire extinguisher if you have been formally trained on an annual basis.
Questions? Contact Health, Safety, and Environment at 5-5918.