At HCGH, in addition to keeping pace with advances in global healthcare technology and national patient safety requirements, we face several major local challenges, including:
- a dramatically expanding community population that is expected to reach 374,000 in the next two and a half years;
- an increase in the average age of our citizens and, with it, an increase in their need for health care services;
- and an ever-pressing rise in the hospital's annual:
- admissions, which have increased 13 percent the past 10 years, and
- emergency department visits, which have increased 130 percent in the past 10 years.
To address these challenges, we have developed a comprehensive 233,656 square-foot expansion and renovation plan, which will ensure that our community's healthcare needs are met well into the future. The Campus Development Plan (CDP) is a landmark effort and the most ambitious capital project in the hospital's history.