Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Thank you for choosing The Bolduc Family Outpatient Center for your Laboratory needs.
We are a College of American Pathologists (CAP) and American Association of Blood Banks (AABB) accredited lab that is a part of the Johns Hopkins Health System. To ensure that you have the best experience possible with the least amount of discomfort, all of our laboratory staff are certified phlebotomists and have many years of experience in the medical field. For your safety, all supplies used during your laboratory test are individually sealed and single-use only; we also are a latex-free lab.
Our normal hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 7:00am-7:00pm. No appointment is needed; we operate on a walk-in basis. We are also open Saturday and Sunday from 7:00am-7:00pm for STAT (needed immediately) testing.
Orders may be faxed to 443-718-3001. If you have any questions regarding your order, you may call 443-718-3102. We make every attempt to see you quickly once you arrive.However, if something is missing from the prescription, we may have to contact your doctor's office (during business hours) to obtain an amended order. We apologize in advance for any delay this may cause.
What to Bring
- You will need to bring a valid picture ID, insurance information, and doctors order. The doctor's order must have the date, doctor's signature, diagnosis code, and tests needed.
- For HIV AB testing, in addition to a valid order, you will need to bring a HIV consent form signed by both you and your doctor.
We participate with Medicare, Medicaid, Chase Brexton, Healthy Howard and most insurance companies, so please be sure to check with your insurance company before coming. HMOs usually require you to go to a free-standing lab.
How to Prepare
Some tests require a fasting specimen. For a complete list of requirements, it is best to check with your doctor. The most common fasting tests are fasting glucose and lipid panel, also known as coronary risk panel. These tests require eight hours of fasting. It is okay to drink water during the time you are fasting.
- We are able to collect samples for orders requiring blood, stool, and/or urine on site. For your comfort and convenience, we are also able to provide containers and directions for collecting the samples at home.
- We are able to accept orders requiring swabs, sputum, or body fluids, but the samples must be collected by your doctor and brought to the lab.
- If you have an order for a sweat chloride, this test takes about an hour and requires an appointment. Please contact the Laboratory at 410-740-7655 to set up appointment.
For questions about types of samples not listed, or for any additional information about laboratory tests, please feel free to contact the Lab at 410-740-7655. We would be glad to help in any way to make your experience a positive one.
We look forward to serving you at the Lab at The Bolduc Family Outpatient Center located in Howard County General Hospital.