Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
At HCGH, we know flexibility is important to many nurses.
We have a float pool option for you.
Regular hours with benefits.
We will put you through a classroom and clinical orientation to prepare you to work in many areas of the hospital.
- Full- or part-time; 8- or 12-hour shifts. Quarterly bonus to reward flexibility for full-time.
- Weekend Alternative: 12-hour wknd. position for premium rate; 3 weekends off per year.
- Mon.-Fri. Shifts Only: Eves or night 64-80 hours/pay period--no weekends or holidays.
Basic 3-Unit PRN Pool
- Must be able to work in at least three different areas. Examples are 3 Med/Surg units, Maternal Child, Newborn Nursery and Pediatrics; Intensive Care, Emergency Department and Chest Pain/Short Stay Unit.
- Minimum availability is three weekdays and one weekend shift in a 28-day schedule.
- Eight and 12-hour shifts are available.
- One winter holiday requirement.
Weekend 3-Unit PRN Pool
- Must work 5, 12-hour weekend shifts in a 28-day schedule. Weekend shifts include day shift Saturday and Sunday, and night shift Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- Must be able to work in at least three different areas.
- A winter and summer holiday is required.