History Of Medicine Faculty Courses and Syllabi
Nathaniel Comfort, Ph.D.
- Oral History: Theory and Method
- Individuality in medicine from antiquity to the genome age (with Gianna Pomata)
- History of 20th Century Biomedicine
- History of Genetics in Medicine
Mary E. Fissell, Ph.D.
- Historical Perspectives on Gender, Race and Medicine (Physician and Society selective, Spring 2003)
- Popular Knowledge (HSMT 140.703, Fall 2003)
- What is the Cultural History of Medicine (Science and Technology)? (HSMT 140.628)
Marta Hanson, Ph. D.
- Comparing Science in China and the West
- Graduate Reading Seminar in the History of Science and Medicine in Modern China
- History of Chinese Medicine (HSMT 140.346)
- History of Science, Technology, and Medicine in Modern China
- Introduction to Historical Methods (HSMT 140.601, Fall 2005)
Graham Mooney, Ph.D. Beyond the Panopticon: Observing, Representing and Managing People HSMT 140.629)
- Health, Risk, and History (140.336)
History of Public Health The Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health MPH Program (550.605.01)
- History of Public Health, The Johns Hopkins School of Public Health MPH Program (Distance Educatio, 550.605.81)
- Physicians and Society: Medicine and Confidentiality
Randall M. Packard, Ph.D.
- Disease Control: Comparative Perspectives (ME 150.711)
- International Health Seminar: History of International Health and Development (BSPH 221.605)
Gianna Pomata, Ph.D.
- History of Medicine: Antiquity to the Scientific Revolution (HSMT 140.105)
- History of Medicine: Antiquity to the Scientific Revolution graduate section (HSMT 150.701)
- Individuality in medicine from antiquity to the genome age (HSMT 140.425, with Nathaniel Comfort)
Daniel P. Todes, Ph.D.
-Analogy and Metaphor in Science and Medicine (ME 150.705)
-Experiment and the Laboratory in Science and Medicine (co-taught with Lawrence Principe)
-History of Science and Medicine in Russia
-Squeezing the Data: Interpretation in Science and Medicine
-History of Modern Medicine (18th-20th centuries) (140.106)
-Lives in Science (HSMT 140.313)