Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
About the Event
Join the Johns Hopkins team as we return for another year supporting the Heart Walk and the mission of the American Heart Association: building healthier lives free of cardiovascular diseases and stroke. Designed to promote physical activity and heart-healthy living, the Heart Walk creates an environment that's fun and rewarding for the entire family.
Come join us at the Greater Maryland Heart Walk to celebrate life and raise funds for heart disease and stroke research and community education.
- Come early and participate in a group photo to mark your participation as a member of the Johns Hopkins System.
- Strike a pose at the Stanley Black & Decker Selfie Station.
- Flex your creative muscles before you flex your leg muscles by stopping by our Heart Walk tie-dye station.
- Before and after the walk, join Simple Cooking with Heart Kitchen Chef, Tia Berry as she spices things up with different McCormick spices thanks to Flavor for Life.
- Learn to save a life in a minute when you do an AHA Hands-Only CPR training.
- Bring the whole family and visit our Kids’ Zone! With games, fun physical and educational activities and face painting, everyone will want to be a kid.
- If you “heart” your pets, bring them to the walk! There is a special Dog agility course just for them. Canines need good cardiovascular health too!
- Enjoy fitness activities before and after the walk from Zumba to Yoga, you’ll find the right fit for you.
Heart Walk Date & Location
Saturday, October 8, 2016
9:00 A.M. - noon
Camden Yards Sports Complex, Baltimore, MD
Participation and parking are FREE.
Learn more about parking and transportation on the day of the walk.
Our Goals This Year
- 750 walkers
For More Information
For more information about the 2014 Heart Walk, contact Mariya Grygorenko.