About the Event
The American Heart Association Greater Baltimore Heart Walk is an event organized to raise funds to fight the nation’s No. 1 and No. 3 killers—heart disease and stroke. In addition to the 3 mile walk through Rash Field, the Create Hope, Inspire Change and Celebrate Success villages:
- Pay tribute to lost loved ones;
- Honor survivors of heart disease and stroke;
- Encourage behavior changes in adults and children like increasing physical activity and making heart-healthy choices part of daily life;
- Highlight the successful fundraising efforts of individuals and companies;
- Celebrate individuals and companies who have made significant changes to lead a heart-healthy life.
Come join us at the Greater Baltimore Heart Walk to celebrate life and raise funds for the heart disease and stroke research and community education.
- All Team Captains & Walkers who donate at least $25 between 10/8-10/18 will be entered in a raffle to win a $50 gift certificate to Fogo de Chao. For every $25 raised, your name will be entered in the drawing. Winner will be notified via email on 10/19.
- All Team Captains & Walkers who raise $1,000+ by 10/18 will be entered in a raffle to win one month of free parking at JHH. Winner will be notified via email on 10/19.
Congratulations to our past winners:
- Additional day of PTO: Stacey Baldwin, Team Heart & Vascular
- Two tickets to Six Flags America: Sara Russell, Team CVPCU
- One month of free parking at JHH: Roger Maranan, Team Maranan Friends and Family
Heart Walk Dates & Location:
- Howard County: September 22, 2012 – Centennial Park
- Greater Baltimore County: October 20, 2012 – Rash Field
Our Goals This Year
- 1,700 walkers
Why do you walk?
Dr. Gordon Tomaselli shares his personal remarks about the importance of heart health and the need for ongoing research. Watch the video.