Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
Find a doctor at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center or Johns Hopkins Community Physicians.
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Theodore Abraham Lab
Dr. Theodore Abraham is the director of two labs:
- Translational Cardiovascular Ultrasound Research Laboratory
- Central objective: To use ultrasound-based imaging technologies for diagnostic and interventional applications in a variety of cardiac pathologies.
- Cardiac Mechanics Imaging Laboratory
- Central objective: To develop and evaluate novel imaging tools that depict regional and global cardiac mechanics. Technologies used include ultrasound, magnetic resonance and computed tomography.
Research for both missions is conducted in in-vitro systems, small or large experimental models and clinical trials.
- We also provide echocardiography and cardiac mechanics core laboratory support for large multi-center clinical trials. Lab expertise covers the entire gamut of echocardiography including standard 2D & Doppler, transesophageal, 3D/4D, contrast imaging, tissue Doppler, strain and interventional echocardiography.