Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
Find a doctor at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center or Johns Hopkins Community Physicians.
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Clinical Research Programs
Last updated: January 2012
- Frailty Study –Impact of frailty on outcomes in elderly (>65 yrs) cardiac surgical patients
- Thoratec HeartMate II LVAS Pivotal Study – multicenter study of ventricular assist devices for destination therapy patients
- COCAD Study – longitudinal study of cognitive outcomes in patient with coronary artery disease
- Stroke database study – review of brain MRI’s in patients with stroke after cardiac surgery
- Aortic Valve Operative Outcomes in Marfan syndrome patients
- Hypoperfusion and stroke after CABG surgery
- Monitoring of Cerebral Blood Flow Autoregulation using Near Infrared Spectroscopy
- GeneTICS – MSSA Swabs
- National Registry of Genetically Triggered Thoracic Aortic Aneurysms and Cardiovascular Conditions (GenTAC)
- Evaluation of the HeartWare LVAD System for the treatment of advanced heart failure
- Prospective Randomized On-X Valve Anticoagulation Clinical Trial (PROACT)
- Cardiac Structural & Functional Assessments using Three-Dimensional Transesophageal Echocardiographic Imaging
- Continuous Cerebral Autoregulation Monitoring to reduce brain injury from cardiac surgery
- MRI of cerebrovascular reactivity using induced hypercapnia and its relationship with mild cognitive decline (RespirAct)
- Red Cell Storage Duration in Cardiac Surgery Patients (RECESS)
- A Prospective, Randomized, Controlled, Unblinded, Multi-Center Clinical Trial to Evaluate the HeartWare® Ventricular Assist System for Destination Therapy of Advanced Heart Failure
- Medtronic CoreValve U.S. Pivotal Trial (High risk surgical patients)
- Serum Biomarkers to Predict Brain Injury Study
- Benefits of Post-Pyloric Feeding Tubes in Critically Ill Patients
- AV Pacing Wire Study
- Neuropsychiatric Outcomes After Heart Surgery (NOAHS)
- The EXCEL trial: Abbott Vascular EXCEL Clinical Trial: Evaluation of Xience Prime or Xience V versus Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery for Effectiveness of Left Main Revascularization
- Genetic Determinants of Postoperative Atrial Fibrillation in Patients Undergoing Cardiac Surgery
- Prospective Analysis of an Intraoperative Urine Flow, Biomarker Profiles and Impact on Clinical Outcomes
- Congenital Heart Surgeon Society Database (CHSS)
- Society of Thoracic Surgeons (STS) Adult Cardiac Surgery Database participant
- Society of Thoracic Surgeons (STS) Congenital Heart Surgery Database participant
- INTERMAC’s Mechanical Circulatory Assist Device Registry