Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
PI: Romer Geocadin, MD
Study Coordinator: Betsy Mosmiller
Study Coordinator Contact Phone: 410-502-0495 (w), 410-283-0813 (p)
24 hour coverage: In Pager Box: Cardiac Arrest EEG study
Study Coordinator Contact Email: email@example.com
Study Short Title: Cardiac Arrest Resuscitation EEG Study
Study Long Title: Cardiac Arrest Resuscitation EEG Study Phase II B
IRB number: NA_00010222
Funding Source: NIH 2R44HL070129-04A1 and Infinite Biomedical Technologies, LLC
Summary of Trial: Using a recently FDA approved, innovative EEG machine, the CHI (Cortical Health Index) Monitor, our goals are to:
- simplify EEG readings to help predict neurological outcome after cardiac arrest
- provide real-time tracking of global ischemia/brain injury and response to therapy.
Providing this information to the cardiology team immediately post-resuscitation will help identify patients who may benefit from aggressive intervention and aid in prognostication.
- Age 18 and older
- Cardiac arrest with return of spontaneous circulation (ROSC)
- No scalp defects or trauma that would prevent EEG lead attachment.
- 4-6 hour window from arrest to EEG
Non-English speakers, inmates
Clinical Trial Site: JHH, BVM and Medical College of Wisconsin
Compensation for Participating? No
Start Date: 7/31/2007
Anticipated End Date: 2010