On May 1, 2012, the Charlotte R.
Bloomberg Children's Center opened.
This 205-bed facility is designed for 21st
century pediatric medicine.
The Helen B. Taussig Congenital Heart Center
An experienced, multi-disciplinary team of physicians and healthcare specialists makes up the pediatric cardiac team at the Johns Hopkins Hospital. A team of pediatric cardiologists led by Joel Brenner, M.D., along with cardiac surgeons, Duke E. Cameron, M.D. and Luca A. Vricella, M.D., work together in the pre-operative evaluation of pediatric heart patients or adults with congenital heart disease.
The Helen B. Taussig Congenital Heart Center, a world leader in advancing pediatric cardiology care, continues to serve the needs of children from the mid-Atlantic region, around the country, and overseas. Since the first open-heart surgery to correct congenital heart defects in infants, we have developed a strong history of pediatric care.
We provide services in the following areas:
- Congenital Heart Disease in Children
- Congenital Heart Disease in Adults
- Cardiac Surgery
- Cardiac Transplantation Evaluation
- Complex Heart Rhythm Problems
- Fetal Cardiology
- General Pediatric Cardiology
- Genetic Cardiology
- Interventional Cardiac Catheterization
Meet the kids at the Johns Hopkins Children's Center.
Some of the procedures we perform include:
- Closure of atrial septal defect
- Congenital heart surgery
- Cutting-edge cardiac imaging techniques
- Diagnostic and interventional cardiac catheterization
- Echocardiography (2-D and 3-D)
- Fetal cardiology
- Genetic cardiology
- Heart transplantation
- Relief from valve obstructions
- Stent implantation
- Stress echocardiography and nuclear stress testing
- Stress and tilt tests
- Radiofrequency ablation