Bruce Perler, Chief of the Division of
The Johns Hopkins Heart and Vascular Institute’s team of board certified vascular surgeons are world-renowned leaders in vascular surgery and minimally invasive endovascular therapy.
Our team provides comprehensive state-of-the-art diagnostic and therapeutic interventions for the entire spectrum of circulatory disorders, from medical management to minimally invasive endovascular therapy to conventional open surgery.
- Aortic aneurysms including abdominal, thoracic, and complex thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysms
- Peripheral arterial aneurysms including femoral aneurysms and popliteal aneurysms
- Cerebrovascular disease including carotid artery stenoses and vertebral artery disease, and stroke prevention
- Peripheral arterial occlusive disease (PAD) ranging from leg pain with walking to critical limb-threatening arterial insufficiency causing ulcers, non-healing wounds, or gangrene
- Aggressive wound care
- Vein disorders including:
The Johns Hopkins Noninvasive Vascular Laboratory has been reaccredited by the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission, making it one of the nation's most elite vascular labs. The laboratory is a leader in Extracranial Cerebrovascular Testing, Peripheral Venous Testing, Peripheral Arterial Testing and Visceral Vascular Testing.
Experience in Making Excellent Surgical Decisions
Our surgeons are uniquely trained and experienced to weigh the various treatment options available, including medical therapy, as well as surgical and endovascular approaches. By offering the entire spectrum of therapeutic options, our physicians can assure patients that they are receiving the most appropriate therapy for their conditions. In this way, the patient will receive:
- better outcomes
- faster recovery times
- optimal quality of life
- improved outlooks for the long term
Our surgeons’ extensive experience managing complex aortic aneurysms as well as other rare aneurysms of the arterial branches makes us expertly qualified to manage all vascular surgical patients.
The Vascular Surgery Team collaborates with our colleagues in cardiology, internal medicine, neurology, interventional radiology, and podiatry in order to offer each patient a multidisciplinary, yet individualized, diagnostic assessment and therapeutic plan. Our unique philosophy is that only when a patient is evaluated by a health care team that can provide medical, conventional open surgical and minimally invasive endovascular therapy will that patient be guaranteed of receiving the most appropriate remedy for his or her problem. The patient is our focus.
Commitment to Effective Treatment
Each year our surgeons evaluate thousands of patients with circulatory conditions ranging from the common to the rare. Our commitment is to diagnose the patient’s problem precisely, and to provide the most effective therapy specifically tailored for that individual’s needs. Our goal is to optimize our patients’ circulatory health.
Clinics and Specialty Areas
Johns Hopkins vascular surgeons are associated with the following clinics and specialty areas:
- Dana and Albert "Cubby" Broccoli Center for Aortic Disease
- Johns Hopkins Veins Centers
- Multidisciplinary Diabetic Foot and Wound Clinic
- Vascular Lab
Call 410-955-5165 to make an appointment with a vascular surgeon.