Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
Find a doctor at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center or Johns Hopkins Community Physicians.
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
- Academy Health -- AcademyHealth seeks to improve health and health care by generating new knowledge and moving knowledge into action.
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality -- AHRQ has developed a guide to help patients, families, and health professionals work together as partners to promote improvements in care.
- American Nurses Association -- The ANA advances the nursing profession by fostering high standards of nursing practice, promoting the rights of nurses in the workplace, projecting a positive and realistic view of nursing, and by lobbying the Congress and regulatory agencies on health care issues affecting nurses and the public.
- American Medical Association -- The AMA is dedicated to ensuring sustainable physician practices that result in better health outcomes for patients.
- American Hospital Association -- Through its representation and advocacy activities, the AHA ensures that members' perspectives and needs are heard and addressed in national health policy development, legislative and regulatory debates, and judicial matters. Our advocacy efforts include the legislative and executive branches and include the legislative and regulatory arenas.
- American Association of Retired Persons -- AARP is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization, with a membership of more than 37 million, that helps people turn their goals and dreams into real possibilities, strengthens communities and fights for the issues that matter most to families such as healthcare, employment security and retirement planning.
- Center on Budget and Policy Priorities -- The Center on Budget and Policy Priorities examines the short- and long-term impacts of proposed policies on the health of the economy and the soundness of federal and state budgets.
- The Commonwealth Fund -- The Commonwealth Fund is a private foundation that aims to promote a high performing health care system that achieves better access, improved quality, and greater efficiency, particularly for society's most vulnerable, including low-income people, the uninsured, minority Americans, young children, and elderly adults.
- Health and Human Services -- The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) is the United States government’s principal agency for protecting the health of all Americans and providing essential human services, especially for those who are least able to help themselves.
- Healthcare.gov -- Healthcare.gov is a federal government website managed by the Department of Health and Human Services designed to help inform about healthcare laws, insurance, and more.
- Kaiser Family Foundation -- The Kaiser Family Foundation is a non-profit, private operating foundation focusing on the major health care issues facing the U.S., as well as the U.S. role in global health policy.
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation -- The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation's mission is to improve the health and healthcare of all Americans.