Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Birthing Center Amenities
The Birthing Center at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, a Baby-Friendly facility, features services and amenities designed to allow families the time they need to rest, bond and welcome their new addition in comfort:
- All private rooms – enhancing the bonding experience for new families
- Chairs are for sitting, not for snoozing -- sleeping facilities are included in the patient room for overnight guests
- Eating on your own schedule -- on-demand, at-your-request meals means that mom won’t miss dinner if she’s sleeping or feeding her baby
- Do not disturb – the nurses’ call system eliminates overhead pages, and noise absorbing features placed throughout patient areas creates a quieter environment for newborns and families
- The best of the best – compassionate doctors and nurses, using state-of-the-art birthing facilities, makes for an incredible combination
Babies who require extra attention are handed to NICU staff immediately after delivery. As part of an academic medical center, with multiple subspecialty services, care for any situation is readily available.
"We are pleased that you have chosen to give birth to your #1 priority at Hopkins," says Nurse Manager Joan Diamond.
For your convenience, patient and visitor parking is located directly across the street in the Orleans Street Garage. You can take the garage elevator to Level 4 via the pedestrian bridge. If you are being dropped off by a friend or family member, they can drive directly up to the main entrance at 1800 Orleans Street, and you can come straight into the hospital from there. Stop by the concierge desk for assistance.
- Valet parking is available at the main entrance on Orleans Street.
Where to Go:
All patients should go immediately to Zayed 8th floor to register and be seen in triage.