This site has been created by Dr. Lisa Kolp of the Johns Hopkins Fertility Preservation Center at Johns Hopkins Medicine in Baltimore, Maryland. The purpose of the website is to provide information to physicians and to patients who are about to undergo treatment that may affect their fertility. These treatments include chemotherapy and/or radiation therapy for the treatment of cancer or autoimmune conditions as systemic lupus erythematosis or severe rheumatoid arthritis. This website tries to answer these questions that you might have:
- What is the risk of infertility after cancer treatment?
- Is it safe to have a baby after cancer treatment?
- What are the options for women prior to treatment?
- What are the options for women after treatment?
- What are the options for men prior to treatment?
- What are the options for men after treatment?
- How do I make an appointment to talk to a physician knowledgeable about these options?