Patients preparing to undergo chemotherapy and/or radiation for cancer or autoimmune conditions such as systemic lupus erythematosis or severe rheumatoid arthritis may have concerns about their fertility. Dr. Lisa Kolp of the Johns Hopkins Fertility Preservation Center has prepared answers to some common fertility questions for patients and their doctors.
- What is the risk of infertility after cancer treatment?
- Is it safe to have a baby after cancer treatment?
- What are the options for women prior to treatment?
- What are the options for women after treatment?
- What are the options for men prior to treatment?
- How do I make an appointment to talk to a physician knowledgeable about these options?