In This Section
The type and number of other physician trainees assigned to the gynecologic oncology service and their role in the fellowship program:
- Gynecology and Obstetrics Resident PGY 4
Gynecology and Obstetrics Resident PGY 3
Gynecology and Obstetrics Resident PGY 2
- Role: The senior resident (PGY 4) and the two junior residents (PGY 2 & 3) that are assigned to the Kelly Gynecologic Oncology Service are completing their 4 to 6-week block rotations in Gynecologic Oncology. These Residents serve as the primary health care providers for all patients admitted to the Kelly Gynecologic Oncology Service and participate in the operative care of such patients at a level appropriate for their training.
- 4th Year Medical Student performing an externship: JHU Medical students are not routinely assigned to the Kelly Gynecologic Oncology Service. We do offer a four-week Externship elective for Senior Medical students, both from JHU and from other medical schools. There is no more than one medical student on service at a time. The extent of student's activity and responsibility are consistent with their level of training, individual skill, and competency.
- Visiting Clinical Scholars: The Kelly Service has an active International Visiting Clinical Scholars Observer Program. This 4 week, by invitation, program is highly selective and is effected in collaboration with the World Health Organization and the International Union Against Cancer (UICC). No more than two visiting scholars are accepted for any four-week program. These clinicians do not participate in patient care and are only granted observer status.
- Gynecology and Obstetrics Resident PGY 3
- Gynecology and Obstetrics Resident PGY 1