The mission of the Johns Hopkins Hypertension Center is to improve the management of hypertension by providing the highest level of consultative care for patients with high blood pressure that is difficult to diagnose and/or treat. Additionally, the Center is dedicated to acquiring and disseminating knowledge through clinical research and educational programs.
1) Provide optimal treatment for outpatients referred with difficult-to-control hypertension
2) Provide ambulatory blood pressure monitoring for clinical use.
3) Provide inpatient consultation at Johns Hopkins Hospital for the management of hypertension.
4) Educate students, residents, and practicing physicians about hypertension and its
5) Perform clinical research to advance the science of the diagnosis and treatment of hypertension.