Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
Find a doctor at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center or Johns Hopkins Community Physicians.
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
The Terrace Rehabilitation Unit in the Johns Hopkins Bayview Care Center provides inpatient, team-based rehabilitation with the goal of improving the health, function, and well being of our patients. A team of experts works together to help patients regain function and become more independent, enabling them to return to a community setting.
Conditions treated through the program
Conditions that affect many older adults are treated at the Care Center:
- Neurologic disorders
- Orthopedic conditions
- Medically complex conditions
What you can expect
Typically, physicians refer patients to the unit for a condition that would improve with rehabilitation. Patients must:
- Be medically stable and able to tolerate:
- At least three hours of therapy per day for acute rehabilitation
- At least one hour of therapy per day for subacute rehabilitation
- Have a prognosis that indicates reasonable potential to return to a community setting
Physician intervention is required at least three days per week throughout the acute rehabilitation stay for at least one of the following:
- Pain management
- Medication management needed for frequent medication changes
- Cardiopulmonary management
- Complex bowel or bladder management
- Enteral or parenteral feeding for nutritional assistance
For referrals or information
To make a referral or for more information, call 410-550-7642 or visit the Terrace Rehabilitation Unit’s website.
Who we are
The program is part of the Johns Hopkins Bayview Care Center, a Joint Commission-accredited facility located in Baltimore, Maryland, that offers a range of continuing care services for older adults—including inpatient rehabilitation, ventilator/respiratory care, specialized wound therapy, and complex medical care.