A Beautiful City by the Bay
- Apartment hunting in Baltimore
- Baltimore Collegetown Network
- Baltimore Office of Promotions
- Charles Village Community
- Benefits District
- Dining out in Baltimore
- Live Baltimore
- American Visionary Art Museum
- Baltimore Opera
- Baltimore Symphony Orchestra
- Center Stage
- Walters Art Museum
1. Access the JHMI Housing Office website www.hopkinsmedicine.org/housing
· Pull up the off-campus housing section to familiarize yourself with Baltimore and the popular off-campus areas for Hopkins students and fellows.
· Many links are attached to this section (ex. Links to private apartment rentals, daycare options, transportation, etc.)
2. Contact the Housing Office for updated lists of Baltimore Apartment Complexes popular with Hopkins students and fellows.
· This list is a handout which can be emailed to you along with other lists of short-term housing options (hotels, private short-term accommodations), should you need these.
Email the Off-Campus Housing Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
for information and questions on off-campus housing in Baltimore
Office phone: (410) 955-3905
3. The Hopkins Gazette website at www.jhu.edu/~gazette is a source of private rental and
Another source of private rental and share listings is the student-run housing website at
www.hopkinsmedicine.org/som/students/life/housing/off_campus.html. (Please contact our office if you find this site disabled or
Also try www.baltimoresun.com for the Baltimore Sun papers classified ads. You can access rentals or sales through the section under “marketplace” – “real estate” – “sun classifications.”
4. We recommend that you visit Baltimore several months prior to the start of your academic year to select personally your off-campus housing. Visit the Housing Office on the first floor of Reed Hall (office hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.). We can provide you with additional private apartment rentals, maps, etc. to get you started.
Note: The Housing Office does not manage a roommate matching service for new students and fellows. However, if you lease an apartment you wish to share with other Hopkins’ affiliates we will list this in our office. Contact the email address above to receive a listing form by email that can be filled out and faxed back to our office.
At any time please feel free to call or email the Housing Office with any questions or concerns as you carry out your housing search.