Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
- Before your first infusion appointment, the Green Spring Station office must have the results of tests that are applicable to your infusion. The test can be done at your doctor’s office or at Green Spring Station.
- Your doctor faxes (410-616-7355) for your infusion and a recent history and physical.
- Green Spring Station staff takes care of insurance precertification and authorization.
- You make an appointment for the infusion. If you have an infection in the two weeks prior to your infusion appointment, you should notify your doctor and call the infusion center at 410-616-7361.
- On the day of your appointment, remember to bring your insurance card. Wear comfortable clothes.
- A registered nurse will administer your infusion. Nurses will supervise the infusion and check in on you during the process. Doctors are available if needed.
- Green Spring Station staff will send your doctor details about the infusion and will also talk with the doctor if needed.
Ensuring Your Safety
All infusions are administered according to your doctor's orders and Johns Hopkins protocols. The dose of the medication is tailored to your specific condition. In case of an adverse reaction from the medication, safety procedures are in place. Medical emergencies are rare, but doctors are on the premises and there are hospitals only minutes away.