The 31st Annual Green Valley North Turkey Trot
Please join us for the 31st Annual Green Valley North Turkey Trot to benefit Crohn’s & Colitis Research
The annual community fundraising event kicks off Thanksgiving Morning, Thursday, November 27th 2014, at 8am, with a 5-mile run, 3-mile walk, and a 1-mile kids fun run, followed by post-trot festivities. 100% of all donations are completely tax deductible and go directly into the hands of the medical partners: Johns Hopkins Hospital and The University of Maryland Medical System. The Green Valley NorthTurkey Trot is a 501(3)(c) Non-Profit Organization, Tax I.D. 14-1858161.
Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis are the two main digestive disorders commonly referred to as inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). Those who suffer with these diseases experience a lifetime of discomfort and distress. Unfortunately, at this time, the cause remains unknown and the cure, undiscovered.
Visit GreenValleyTurkeyTrot.com for more info or to register.
The 2nd Annual IBD Health Expo
Thank you to those that registered and attended the sucessful IBD Health Expo on Saturday, April 26, 2014. As promised, please find the downloadable presentations below.
- Current and Future Medical Therapies in IBD - Mark Lazarev, MD
- Genetics and Environmental Risks for IBD - Theodore Bayless, MD
- Fire, Dampness, Wind: Your Intestinal Eco-System and the Chinese Medicine Approach to Managing IBD - Jeff Gould, LAc, DiplAc, DiplCH
- Intimacy, Sexuality and Reproductive Issues in IBD - Brindusa Truta, MD
- Preventing Complications in IBD - Eduardo Gonzalez, MD
- The Right Diet for IBD - Sharon Dudley-Brown, PhD, CRNP, FAAN