Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
Find a doctor at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center or Johns Hopkins Community Physicians.
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
- 06/16/16 - What A Fecal Transplant Can Actually Do - And What It Can't (Yet) - Dr. Lee discusses fecal transplant and what they do
- 02/15/16 - Popular Heartburn Pills Can Be Hard to Stop and May be Risky - Dr. Clarke shares his thoughts on use of PPI's
- 02/04/16 - 9 Weird Pooping Habits, Explained by Science - Dr. Pasricha comments on night time elimination
- 11/16/15 - What Really Happens When You Swallow Gum - Dr. Gerry Mullin addresses the claim you have been hearing for years
- 09/01/15 - The Johns Hopkins Pancreatitis Center Recognized as a National Pancreas Foundation Center
- 04/30/15 - Building a Full-Blown Human Body-on-a-Chip - Dr. Donowitz is working on re-creating the functiond of intestines cells
- 04/16/15 - Common heartburn drugs linked to kidney failure in the elderly - Dr. John Clarke discusses his thoughts on the study
- 02/10/15 - Doctors Weigh in on "Gluten Sensitivity" - Dr. Gerry Mullin offers his thoughts
- 02/06/14 - Elimination diets are growing, but are they safe? Dr. Linda Lee discusses her thoughts on the trend
- 01/26/15 - T&T Scientists Lead the Way - Dr. Anthony Kalloo, Trinidad native, wins prestigious award at the 2014 Awards for Excellence in Science and Technology
- 12/22/14 - Could Bacteria Play a Role in Colon Cancer? - Dr. Cynthia Sears offers insight from the research findings
- 12/10/14 - Hepatitis C Treatment Breakthroughs - Dr. Mark Sulkowksi weighs in on the possibility of curing Hepatitis C
- 12/08/14 - Do Cleanses Really Work? - Dr. Lee gives her take on the very popular cleansing trend
- 11/10/14 - New HCV Drugs Pass Muster in Real World - Dr. Mark Sulkowski discusses the findings of his study
- 10/11/14 - Hep C Combo Pill May Cure Those Who Can Afford It - Dr. Alqahtani discusses how he wrote his first prescription for the pill
- 06/02/14 - Experts Urge Caution Before Trying "Elimination Diet" - Dr. Linda Lee offers her take on removing food groups from your diet
- 03/24/14 - Can What You Eat Affect Your Mental Health? Dr Linda Lee weighs in on the issue of food and mental health
- 03/21/14 - 9 Foods Doctors Swear By
- 03/17/14 - A Colonic for Clear Skin? Experts say that's a load of...
- 01/09/14 - Improved healthcare for digestive diseases
- 12/11/13 - Surgeries in future will be scarless - An interview with Dr. Tony Kalloo, the pioneer of NOTES
- 09/09/13 - TV Anchor Leon Harris Returns to Work After Near-Fatal Health Crisis
- 07/08/13 - GI Doctors Use Endoscopy to Place Transpyloric Stent To Treat Gastroparesis
- 05/03/13 - Bracelet-like device treats acid reflux - Area hospitals to start offering non-invasive surgery
- 04/26/13 - Freaky Friday: Autonomous Tissue Grabbers Are On Their Way
- 04/23/13 - Team deploys hundreds of tiny untethered surgical tooks in first animal biopsies
- 04/01/13 - Preventing Pancreatic Cancer
- 02/01/13 - Woman’s Radical Procedure Transforms Liver Into Super Organ
- 12/12/12 - Getting a Grip - Revolutionary Tools that look like science fiction, aren't.
- 12/12/12 - So Many Polyps in So Little Time - Patients with serrated polyposis confirms a relentless path.
- 12/12/12 - It's High Time for the Gut-Brain - Paths to translate our understanding of "the enteric" into therapies.
- 10/24/12 - Discovery Channels - Breakthrough surgical innovations for navigating and healing the body.