Dr. Byrne in a snapshot:
- Expert rhinoplasty surgeon, including revision rhinoplasty.
- Director, Division of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery at Johns Hopkins
- Associate Professor of Facial Plastic Surgery and Dermatology at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Director of the Fellowship Program in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at Johns Hopkins
- Co-Director, Greater Baltimore Cleft Lip and Palate Team
- Medical Degree, University of California, San Diego, School of Medicine
- Residency, Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, University of California, San Diego
- Call 877-546-4530 to request an appointment
Considered one of the leading facial plastic surgeons in the world for his expertise in aesthetic and reconstructive facial surgery, Dr. Patrick Byrne treats patients from across the globe. He is one of the few surgeons who elected to devote his entire practice exclusively to the face and is keenly aware of just how important the face is to ones' image.
Meet Dr. Patrick Byrne
Double Board Certified in both Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, and Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Dr. Byrne is board certified in facial plastic surgery by both the American Board of Otolaryngology and the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and is a leading authority on nasal surgery (rhinoplasty), rejuvenation of the aging face (facelift, necklift, blepharoplasty, browlift, etc.), skin cancers, and the treatment of facial paralysis (facial reanimation).
In addition to his clinical practice, Dr. Byrne serves as the Director of the Division of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery in the Department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery at Johns Hopkins Medicine. The department has been ranked the #1 otolaryngology program in the United States by US News and World Report.
Dr. Byrne also directs the Johns Hopkins Fellowship Program in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery within the Department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery. This highly selective and prestigious program receives applications from across the United States and accepts one surgeon per year for specialized training.
Dr. Byrne's research efforts focus on three areas:
- Facial paralysis is a particular area of interest. He and his colleagues have investigated new ways to help the facial nerve regenerate, and have contributed new techniques to help restore facial symmetry and the ability to smile.
- Reconstruction after cancer treatment - Dr. Byrne investigates cutting edge techniques to reconstruct the face after cancer treatment.
- Rhinoplasty has led him to research the effects of various rhinoplasty maneuvers on the shape and function of the nose.
Dr. Byrne is the founder and co-medical director of the Greater Baltimore Cleft Lip and Palate Team. This multidisciplinary team provides comprehensive care to children with congenital facial deformities. For over 10 years, Dr. Byrne has volunteered his expertise overseas annually, performing volunteer surgery and medical relief in developing countries around the world. He has worked in Mexico, Kenya, China, Vietnam, Nicaragua and Ecuador. He is also the Johns Hopkins Medicine International Medical Director of Tokyo Midtown Medicine, LLC.
Dr. Byrne is a fulltime faculty member of the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine and a dedicated academic surgeon. He has written extensively on a variety of topics within facial plastic surgery, and is currently editing the most comprehensive surgical atlas ever created which is devoted entirely to this subspecialty. He has lectured extensively around the United States and internationally. His humanitarian efforts continue to lead him around the globe on volunteer surgical and relief efforts.
Request an Appointment
To request an appointment with Dr. Patrick Byrne at his office locations at the Johns Hopkins Center for Facial Plastic Surgery at Green Spring Station in Lutherville or Johns Hopkins Outpatient Center in Baltimore, please call 877-546-4530.