I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Preparing for an Appointment
If this is your first time visiting a physician at the Johns Hopkins Facial Paralysis & Pain Treatment center, you will be asked to give us information about:
- your general health
- your previous diagnosis and treatments (including EMG, MRI, CT scan if done already)
- your health insurance
Our doctors ask that you send all medical records before your visit. This allows your doctor to be fully prepared before your visit, so your appointment can run smoothly.
We have prepared a general list of all of the things you should bring with you on your visit, to give your doctors the most complete picture of your current health. This saves valuable time for both you and your doctor.
Please bring with you: (Click here for printable version)
- Your referral; if your insurance indicates you need one.
- Your medical chart if there was not time to send beforehand. Please bring all test results and any original films if you are able.
- Any medication you are taking. It is most helpful to our staff if you bring the actual bottles. However, you can make a list of all the medications you are taking. Make sure to include the name of the medication, including the generic substitution, the number of milligrams and how many times a day you are directed to take it. Also, include directions, such as “Take with food.”
- Your health insurance identification card or other documentation of your health care insurance.
- A list of important contacts, including emergency names and phone numbers our staff members can call.
- A list of questions you may have about your medical care, including your diagnosis and treatment.
- A notebook and pen so you can write down important information. All our patients receive important health information during their visits, and you may want to keep everything in one place.
- Something to read and a small snack, in case your appointment lasts longer than you expected.
We want to make sure all of your information is entered correctly into our files. If you have all the information listed above, it will help insure your appointment runs smoothly.