Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
Find a doctor at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center or Johns Hopkins Community Physicians.
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Since our program was designed to be convenient for people with busy lives, evaluations are coordinated and scheduled in a single day, with a possible second day if additional studies are necessary.
Your initial visit
Your first visit to the Johns Hopkins Executive & Preventive Health Program is designed to establish your baseline health status. We will probably ask that you arrive around 8 or 9 a.m. Continental breakfast will be served and then you’ll have your one-hour medical history and physical examination. Your personal representative will coordinate all necessary tests and screenings, all of which are offered right on the Hopkins campus in easy walking distance. If you have any breaks throughout the day you’ll have access to a comfortable lounge with free Wi-Fi and a PC workstation. Lunch will be provided as well.
A typical initial visit may consist of the following services:
- Personal representative for the day, continental breakfast, lunch and parking
- Comprehensive medical history and physical examination performed by your internal medicine specialist
- Laboratory screening tests
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Chest X-ray
- Eye evaluation at the Wilmer Eye Institute
- Nutrition counseling
- Skin cancer screening with a Johns Hopkins dermatologist
- Exit interview with your internal medicine specialist
Our program is designed to be tailored to the needs of the individual. Additional elective services include:
- Exercise stress electrocardiogram test
- Body fat analysis
- Exercise counseling
- Colonoscopy (must be scheduled on an additional day of service)
- Abdominal aortic ultrasound
- Peripheral arterial disease screening
- Pap smear
- Bone density scan
- Pulmonary function testing
Your Return Visit
Many patients choose to return to the program at regular intervals in order to follow their progress and reassess their health status. Return visits are designed to meet the specific risks and concerns of each individual and do not typically necessitate repeating the extensive evaluations performed during the initial visit.
The focal point of all visits through the Executive & Preventive Health Program is the comprehensive history and physical and the exit interview. The exit interview is generally where plans for any subsequent visits are discussed.