: Johns Hopkins Medicine
News and Publications
Free Telephone Number
our Web Page
Recent Messages from Our Participants
"I not only find the newsletters
informative, I have also found them very hopeful. I may not (and
probably won't) benefit from this wonderful research, but I would do
anything to ensure even one person never having to experience mental
illness to the degree that I have suffered.....Please let me know if there
is anything that I can do to further your studies.....I would do whatever
I could to help. It was an honor for me when I helped
before.....Keep up the good work. I admire all of you!" -
- "Thank you for acknowledgment of my
cooperation in your study. As you know, my son and his mother suffer from
manic depression. I am grateful for the efforts that you and your staff are
taking in hopefully learning the etiology of this debilitating illness. I am
hopeful that your research will lead to advancements which will allow all
individuals suffering from this malady to improve their quality of life. I
am herein returning your check. It is I that is thankful for your efforts.
My participation need not be remunerated."
- "Please, please continue your newsletter.
Sometimes we feel isolated with having three children and the hereditary
risk of them being afflicted. The newsletter keeps us connected."
- "It is consoling to hear about your
research work. At least this dreadful illness is being faced and itís life
destroying effects publicized."
- "We are always informed by the newsletter
and look forward to its arrival."
- "The newsletter gives families with
schizophrenia hope for the future. We had none before. Now we can dream for
our future generations."
- "Your newsletter is excellent -
informative - does not talk down to the non-professional."
- "I am privileged to participate in the
study. It is important work you do."
- "Your newsletter was outstanding - clear,
informative, timely.....wishing you much success in your efforts.."
- "I am so glad that I am part of this
study. If one person can make a difference, thatís all it takes."
- "Any information about your study is
always welcome at my home. Your newsletter and NARSADís publications are
my main sources of hope.í
- "Your newsletter is most informative. An
update on my illness. It keeps me in touch with the latest knowledge of my
condition. I appreciate it with genuine thankfulness."
- "Thank you for undertaking this project
and giving us HOPE! May God bless your efforts!"
- "Thank you for the work that you are
doing. I feel grateful that progress is being made- FINALLY!!"
- "I find this kind of study very necessary
and worthy of support - Good Luck!"
- "Congratulations to Dr. Pulver for the
accomplishments done since we met."