Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
Find a doctor at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center or Johns Hopkins Community Physicians.
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
The transition to Epic is occurring in phases and is almost complete. Back in April 2013, clinics at, or associated with, the following Johns Hopkins locations moved to EpicCare Ambulatory:
- All Johns Hopkins Community Physicians (JHCP) practices
- All School of Medicine (SOM) providers who practice in a JHCP suite
- Johns Hopkins at Odenton JHCP and SOM
- Wilmer at Fredrick, Bel Air, Bethesda and Wyman Park
- Green Spring, White Marsh and Bayview
- EpicCare Ambulatory and Inpatient at Howard County General Hospital and Sibley Hospital
- Johns Hopkins Hospital (JHH)
- All SOM ambulatory clinics in Howard County: the Medical Pavilion at Howard County General Hospital, the Charter Drive Professional Building, and Knoll North Drive
- David M. Rubenstein Child Health Building and The Charlotte R. Bloomberg Children's Center pediatric practices
- Johns Hopkins Hospital clinical research clinics
- Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center clinical research units
- Greater Baltimore Medical Center adult and pediatric cardiology, gastroenterology, and surgery departments
- Anne Arundel Medical Center pediatric practices
- Good Samaritan Hospital rehabilitation and rheumatology clinics
- Mt. Washington Pediatric Hospital endocrine and pulmonary practices
- Community and regional health departments
EpicCare Ambulatory incorporates systems and features that provide a complete ambulatory patient record and features related to clinical analytics and clinical research. In addition, Epic is used for registration and scheduling at all the above locations.
Johns Hopkins Medicine has made a strategic commitment to the deployment of a fully integrated suite of Epic solutions, across the enterprise, by July 1, 2016.
Certain specialty and niche systems have not been replaced, including systems that interface with Epic, some specialty systems, and ambulatory areas that care for both inpatients and outpatients. Wilmer Eye Institute, for instance, implemented Kaleidoscope, the Epic application specific to ophthalmology, which facilitates the collection of specialty-specific history and examination data, at all of its outpatient clinics.
- EpicCare Ambulatory Team Contacts