Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Achieving a Single Enterprise System at Johns Hopkins
The implementation of Epic at Johns Hopkins Medicine and the establishment of a true enterprise system has taken several years. We now have a single, unified electronic medical record across our ambulatory and inpatient care settings, with the exception of Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital. Epic and MyChart are now available at:
- The Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
- Howard County General Hospital
- Sibley Memorial Hospital
- Suburban Hospital
- Johns Hopkins Community Physicians
- Johns Hopkins Hospital ambulatory clinics
- Johns Hopkins Hospital Pediatric Emergency and Adult Emergency Departments
- Johns Hopkins Home Care Group
- Potomac Home Health Care
- Phoenix Transplant application for solid organ transplant or listed patients
MyChart is the name of the patient portal offered as part of the Epic system. MyChart provides patients with access into part of their medical record, as well as a secure conduit within which to communicate to the care team. Since Epic began rolling out in April 2013, MyChart has offered significant benefits to both the patient and the care team.
As of October 31, 2016, 345,109 Johns Hopkins Medicine patients have activated MyChart.