Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Byte by Byte, Epic Has Arrived!
What does it take to adopt one electronic medical record system across Johns Hopkins Medicine? As Epic goes live in ambulatory settings through August, the statistics below reveal a project of breathtaking scale.
- 95 million total pieces of patient data from The Johns Hopkins Hospital and Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center converted to Epic.
- 180,565 future appointments converted to Cadence, Epic’s scheduling module.
- 52 million lab results from The Johns Hopkins Hospital and Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center converted to Epic.
- 7 years of patient data converted to EpicCare – the Epic ambulatory module.
- 4.3 million JHCP patients whose records were converted to the Epic electronic medical record system.
- 2,918 estimated staff trained for Ambulatory Wave 1 rollout on April 4.
- 2,735 estimated staff trained for Ambulatory Wave 2 rollout on May 16.
- 2,612 estimated staff trained for Ambulatory Wave 3 rollout on June 27.
- 503 estimated staff trained for Ambulatory Wave 4 rollout on August 15.
- 5 languages – Most ExitCare instructions for outpatients are available in English, Spanish, Russian, Vietnamese and Korean, and can be printed on demand.
- …And finally, thousands of topics covered in ExitCare instructions for outpatients, including fish hook removal, fussy babies and children, and hard-soled shoes!