Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Since Epic began rolling out across JHCP and JHM outpatient practices in April 2013, more than 25,000 patients have enrolled in MyChart, an online portal that allows them to view much of their medical record online, request appointments, and communicate with providers.
To help your staff communicate temporary service delays and explain the advantages of using MyChart, we’ve created a Patient Communications Toolkit that includes MyChart enrollment instructions, messaging materials and other resources. Visit the Patient Communications Toolkit to view, download and print the new MyChart tools and materials, tailored to your clinical field and location
To access the toolkit from this web site, click Patient Communications Toolkit in the Quick Links on the right-hand side. You will be prompted to enter your JHED login to access the site.
MyChart enrollment materials in the Patient Communications Toolkit include:
- Mini-Poster - Letter-sized poster to display in your office display cases. Please print in color.
- Mini-Poster (PEDS VERSION) - Letter-sized poster to display in your office display cases. Please print in color.
- MyChart Brochure Flier - One page version of the brochure. Please print in color.
- MyChart Brochure Flier (PEDS VERSION) - One page PEDS version of the brochure. Please print in color.
- Patient MyChart Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s) - To assist staff when answering MyChart questions from patients and their families.
- On-Hold Message - If relevant to your work area, can be used as a recording for your phone system.
- Patient Letter Message - Text for office template letters to patients, such as reminder letters or other correspondence.
- Screen Saver
- Proxy Access Instruction Sheet
- MyChart Proxy Frequently Asked Questions for Patients
- MyChart Proxy Request forms
In addition an internal MyChart Overview – Internal FAQ document has been created to further assist you in learning about this new tool for our patients, this document can also be found online on the MyChart Tips and Tricks page.