Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Leaping into the future is never easy. Plenty of challenges lie ahead as Johns Hopkins Medicine moves toward a central database for all medical records. As you and your staff face those challenges, remind your team of the big Epic picture, summarized below.
- Epic is powering Johns Hopkins Medicine’s transformation into a single, integrated health care delivery system.
- The system links together all documentation tasks, including scheduling and registration, clinical charting, computerized provider order entry (CPOE), e-prescribing and charge capture.
- Epic enhances communication among health care team members and promotes coordinated patient care across disciplines and departments.
- Epic cuts down on inefficient paperwork. No more paper encounter forms paper requisitions, paper Rx pads, etc.
- MyChart, the online patient portal for Epic, empowers patients to actively engage in their own health and care plan.
- Effective use of Epic will uncover data-driven solutions to workflow logjams and safety flaws, while meeting the daunting challenges posed by health care reform.