Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
Find a doctor at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center or Johns Hopkins Community Physicians.
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Johns Hopkins Medicine’s new integrated electronic medical record system (EMR) has rolled out across most of Johns Hopkins Medicine, including:
- Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
- Howard County General Hospital
- Sibley Memorial Hospital
- Suburban Hospital
- Johns Hopkins Community Physicians
- Johns Hopkins Hospital ambulatory clinics
- Johns Hopkins Hospital Pediatric Emergency and Adult Emergency Departments
- Johns Hopkins Home Care Group
- Potomac Home Health Care
- Phoenix Transplant application for solid organ transplant or listed patients
When Epic rolls out across inpatient applications at The Johns Hopkins Hospital and the Kennedy Krieger Institute this July, Johns Hopkins Medicine will have one unified patient record system for the entire enterprise, with the exception of Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital. Epic incorporates scheduling and registration, clinical documentation, computerized provider order entry (CPOE), ePrescribing, and Charge Capture. It also improves the critical connection to affiliate and referring physicians across Johns Hopkins Medicine.
Epic at Johns Hopkins Medicine: One Patient, One Record
July 1 marks a tremendous milestone for Johns Hopkins Medicine with the last and largest Epic go-live at The Johns Hopkins Hospital. After several years of intense planning, training and preparation, Johns Hopkins Medicine has taken the final step toward the creation of “one patient, one record”—a single, integrated health care delivery system at all Johns Hopkins Medicine locations in Maryland and the greater Washington, D.C., region.
Need Epic Assistance?
Whether you've converted to the new Epic registration/scheduling system or the entire EMR system, there are a few ways to get assistance with questions or issues. You can call the Epic Help Desk at 410-614-EPIC (3742) or 301-896-4006 for Suburban employees. You can also submit an electronic request within Epic Hyperspace by following either of these steps:
- Within Hyperspace, select the Epic button and then the Epic Help Desk.
- On your My Johns Hopkins desktop page, go to Helpdesk, select the Epic Help button and submit a problem ticket.
Do you have comments about or suggestions for this website? Email us today.