Inherent in the design and build of the Epic System is the need to address opportunities to improve clinical efficiency across the Johns Hopkins Medicine enterprise. This effort spans many disciplines and workgroups, including a specific Ambulatory Workgroup on Clinical Efficiency, whose charter is to provide leadership for the Ambulatory Build by, among other things:
- Working to bridge the gap between clinical and Epic IT groups
- Identifying and mitigating barriers to successful implementation
- Engaging subject matter experts in promoting workflow harmonization and clinical content build out
- Assigning responsibility for resolution of Ambulatory Validation gaps and
- Escalating unresolved issues to the Nursing and Allied Health Council.