Johns Hopkins Medicine’s new integrated electronic medical record system (EMR) is now rolling out across many of our ambulatory clinics and Johns Hopkins Community Physicians (JHCP) locations.
Epic is designed to create one unified patient record system for the entire enterprise and incorporates scheduling and registration, clinical documentation, computerized provider order entry (CPOE), ePrescribing, and Charge Capture. It will also improve the critical connection to affiliate and referring physicians across Johns Hopkins Medicine.
Over the next several months, Epic will continue to roll out in waves as more than 600 ambulatory care settings across Johns Hopkins Medicine convert to the new EMR.
Need Epic Assistance?
Whether you’re converting to the new Epic registration/scheduling system or the entire EMR system, there are many ways to get assistance with questions or issues. Hundreds of Epic super-users are available to offer on-site and remote assistance to answer questions, handle problems, and provide updates.
If a super-user is not available, you can call the Epic Help Desk at 410-614-EPIC (3742) any time of day. You can also submit an electronic request within Epic Hyperspace by following either of these steps:
- Within Hyperspace, click on the Epic button and then the Epic Help Desk.
- On your My Johns Hopkins desktop page, go to MyApps and click on the Epic Help Desk button.
Whatever your Epic workflow role, you can reinforce the skills you’ve learned so far online and in the classroom in the Epic playground. To get into the Epic playground:
1. Find the Epic “PLY” icon on your desktop.
2. During your first login, choose “Permit Use” and check the box for: “Do not ask me again for this site.”
3. Enter your training ID and password listed on your tent card.
4. Locate and log into your practice location by clicking the “looking glass” icon.
Do you have comments about or suggestions for this website? Email us today.