Skip Navigation
Print This Page
Share this page: More

Request an Appointment

What if I think I might have an endocrine condition?

The best place to start is your personal physician. Make sure that your doctor knows about your symptoms and your concern about possible endocrine disease. Often a simple blood test can sort out whether your problems are due to an endocrine condition or something entirely different.

What if my doctor has diagnosed an endocrine condition and started treatment, but I don't feel any better?

Make sure your doctor knows about your continuing symptoms and concerns. Once treatment has been started, it can sometimes take weeks or a few months for a patient to recover completely. Some patients diagnosed with an endocrine problem can be helped by an Endocrinologist.

How can I find a Johns Hopkins endocrinologist?

Contact the following center:

Endocrine Scheduling
Johns Hopkins Outpatient Center
601 North Caroline Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21287
Phone: (410) 955-9270

Another resource for scheduling appointments is Hopkins USA (Phone: 410-464-6555 or toll free at 1-855-695-4872 ). The staff assists patients in coordinating multiple appointments at Johns Hopkins. If you plan to see several physicians or require multiple evaluations or tests, they will help you plan a schedule and itinerary.

Hopkins USA coordinators may also refer you to the Travel Guide (Phone: (800) 225-2201). The staff of the Travel Guide assists patients with travel arrangements and can help you find hotels that offer reduced rates to Johns Hopkins patients.

The Endocrine Clinic is in session every day, but most of our doctors see patients one morning per week.

How can I best prepare for my visit?

We recommend that you:

  1. Arrive at least 45 minutes ahead of your appointment time if you are a new patient.
  2. Bring copies of medical records with you. Don't send them ahead of time.
  3. Bring x-ray films or surgical slides with you, as the doctor might want them reviewed at Johns Hopkins.
  4. Expect to see a resident or medical student along with the endocrine consultant. This person will obtain a detailed history from you and conduct a physical examination before you see the endocrine consultant.

How can I find an endocrinologist closer to home or unaffiliated with Hopkins?

We recommend that you contact:

American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists

American Thyroid Association


Traveling for care?

blue suitcase

Whether crossing the country or the globe, we make it easy to access world-class care at Johns Hopkins.

U.S. 1-410-464-6713 (toll free)
International +1-410-614-6424



© The Johns Hopkins University, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, and Johns Hopkins Health System. All rights reserved.

Privacy Policy and Disclaimer