Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
Find a doctor at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center or Johns Hopkins Community Physicians.
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
The Department of Emergency Medicine is looking for individuals to volunteer on our Patient and Family Advisory Council to share their insights and ideas to improve the experience of patients and their family members in our Emergency Department.
- Have an interest in improving the experience of emergency medical care for all patients and their families
- Share insight and information about experiences in ways that will benefit others
- Have a positive approach and ability to share and see different points of view
- Be able to collaborate with diverse individuals
- See beyond their own personal experiences
- Show concern for all issues concerning emergency care
- Listen well and respect other points of view
Role of Council Member:
- Attend monthly meetings. (Typically held in the evening, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.*)
- Review Emergency Medicine practices from a patient/family centered care point of view
- Provide ideas for the Emergency Department to better serve patients and their families
- Help improve the patient and family experience
* Parking vouchers and food will be provided for meetings
If you would like to be a part of the Emergency Department Patient Family Advisory Council, please contact Eili Klein at EDPatientCouncil@jhmi.edu or Shawanna Jackson at 410-735-6417.