Hospital Update: The Emergency Entrance of The Johns Hopkins Hospital is now located at 1800 Orleans Street.
The new Emergency Department opened on April 29 at 7 a.m. along with the Sheikh Zayed Tower and The Charlotte R. Bloomberg Children’s Center.
The Emergency Department, located at the very front of the new building, has been designed to enhance every aspect of the patient-centered care experience. The new clinical area features the latest technologies in health care to complement our world-class emergency physicians, nurses and other health care providers.
In addition a new covered ambulance bay area, accessed off Wolfe Street between E. Monument St. and Orleans St., also will open on April 29.
Some features of our new "ER":
- 67 private examination rooms for patients and their families
- Covered pedestrian footbridge from garage to new clinical buildings
- Drop off area out front for patients and family members
- Access to valet parking service
- Clean, comfortable, modern reception area
- Six trauma care rooms equipped with the latest medical technologies
- Expanded radiology suite with including X-Ray, MRI and Ultrasound
- Integrated Acute Care Unit
Want to learn more about the Sheikh Zayed Tower and The Charlotte R. Bloomberg Children’s Center?