Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
Find a doctor at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center or Johns Hopkins Community Physicians.
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (D.O., 2006)
University of Maryland, Baltimore County (M.Sc, 2008)
Johns Hopkins University, EM (2009)
Dr. Levy is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Emergency Medicine and holds a leadership role in the Department of Emergency Medicine's Division of Special Operations. Dr. Levy works closely with several local, state and federal emergency medical services, special operations medicine and disaster medicine response elements.
Dr. Levy joined the faculty of the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine in 2009. He completed his training in the Emergency Medicine Residency Program at the Johns Hopkins Hospital in 2009 after serving as Chief Resident (2008-2009). Dr. Levy’s research focuses in the areas of prehospital, operational and disaster medicine Dr. Levy is the Associate Medical Director of Howard County Fire & Rescue. Dr. Levy is a Tactical Physician with the Maryland State Police as well as Howard County Police. He is also the Founding Commander of the Maryland-1 Disaster Medical Assistance Team. Dr. Levy is the Medical Director of the Paramedic Program at the University of Maryland, Baltimore County.
- Tactical medicine education
- EMS system innovations and safety
- Disaster medicine education
- Climatologic effects on emergency medical illness and injury
- Levy, J.L, Seaman, K.G., Levy, M.J.; “A Novel Intervention for Decreasing Hospital Crowding Following the 2010 Blizzard" American Journal of Disaster Medicine. 2011 Jul-Aug;6(4):255-8
- Levy, M.J, Seaman, K.G., Levy, J.L.; “A Human Factors Analysis of an EMS Crew’s Exposure to Carbon Monoxide”. Prehospital and Disaster Medicine. Prehospital and Disaster Medicine. 2012. June, 27 (3)
- Smith, J.; Levy; J.L; Levy, M.J.; A Pilot Survey of Disaster Curricula in Undergraduate Medical Education. Prehospital and Disaster Medicine. In Press