Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
Find a doctor at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center or Johns Hopkins Community Physicians.
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Midwestern University (D.O.)
University of Washington (B.A.)
Kings County / SUNY Downstate Medical Center, Emergency Medicine (2006-2010)
Kings County / SUNY Downstate Medical Center, Emergency Medicine Ultrasound (2011)
Dr. Bright is a clinical instructor in the Department of Emergency Medicine. She joined the faculty after her fellowship as Associate Fellowship Director in the Ultrasound Division in 2011. She transitioned to Assistant Program Director 2013.
Dr. Bright’s focus in research is ultrasound education and training. Her primary interest is establishing competency evaluation tools for residency training and emergency medicine ultrasound for critical patients.
- Establishing competency evaluations for training in Emergency Ultrasound
- Emergency Medicine ultrasound for critical patients
- Evidence based training requirements for ultrasound in Emergency Medicine Residencies
- Sinert, R, Bright, L; Empiric Antibiotic Therapy for Sepsis Patients: Monotherapy With B-Lactam or B-Lactam Plus an Aminoglycoside? Systematic Review; Abstract, Annals of Emergency Medicine, Vol. 52, Number 5, November 2008.
- Elavunkal, J, Bright, L, Stone, M; Emergency Ultrasound Identification of Loculated Pericardial Effusion: the Importance of Multiple Views; Accepted for Publication, Academic Emergency Medicine, August 2009.
- Sinert, R, Bright, L, Patel N, Gupta, V, Miller, AC, Paladino, L: Strong Ion Gap Compared to Anion Gap in Critically Ill Patients; Academic Emergency Medicine; vol.16 (4): S264-S265, May 2009.