Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
Find a doctor at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center or Johns Hopkins Community Physicians.
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
University of Maryland School of Medicine, M.D., 2002
St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center
Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons (2005)
New York University/Bellevue Medical Center/NYC Poison Control Center, Medical Toxicology (2007)
Dr. Stolbach is Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Medical Toxicology. He leads our Toxicology training Curricula and works clinically at Johns Hopkins Hospital. He serves as a consultant to the Maryland Poison Center, is a member of the Johns Hopkins Hospital P&T Committee, and is a Johns Hopkins IRB co-Chair.
He was a Magna Cum Laude graduate of Pennsylvania State University with a Bachelor’s of Science in Life Science along with a minor in history. He furthered his education at the University of Maryland, School of Medicine and received his Doctorate of Medicine Degree in 2002. Dr. Stolbach completed his Emergency Medicine Residency at St. Luke’s Roosevelt Hospital Center in New York City from 2002-2005 where he was Chief Resident. He completed his Fellowship in Medical Toxicology at Bellevue Medical Center and New York University School of Medicine.
Dr. Stolbach has received Honors and Awards including:
- The University Honors Medal for Scholarship in History (1998)
- Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society (1998)
- A 2010 ACMT/McNeil Products Award for Acetaminophen-Related Research
- A grant from ATSDR for Airborne Particulate Matter Education
He is recognized as a Fellow of the American College of Emergency Medicine, American College of Medical Toxicology, and American Academy of Clinical Toxicology.
Dr. Stolbach has developed a 10-part online toxicology training program that is currently being used by a number of emergency medicine residency programs. He has also created toxicology webinars and online modules for the American College of Medical Toxicology and United States ATSDR. He is currently writing an opioid prescribing teaching module for emergency and primary care providers.
Dr. Stolbach has multiple publications to his credit and many accomplishments and accreditations in his career including: In 1998, Dr. Stolbach was the Northeast Regional Greco-Roman Wrestling, Silver Medalist; In 2001, he completed the Marine Corps Marathon; In 2003, 2004, and 2006 he completed the New York City Marathon; In 2005, he completed the Baltimore Marathon.
- Educational program development in clinical toxicology
- Educational program development in environmental toxicology
- Anderson JO, Thundiyil JG, Stolbach A. Clearing the air: A review of the effects of particulate matter air pollution on human health. J Med Toxicol 2011.
- Stolbach A, Nelson LS, Hoffman RS. Protection of patients from physician substance misuse (letter). JAMA. 2013 Oct 2;310(13):1402-3.
- Margolis AM, Heverling H, Pham PA, Stolbach A. A review of the toxicity of HIV medications. J Med Toxicol. 2014 Mar;10(1):26-39.
- Jernigan DH, Cukier S, Ross C, Ahmed SR, Stolbach A. Alcohol brand use in the ermergency department: A pilot study. Subst Use Misuse. 2013.
- ATSDR/ACMT Award for development of teaching projects
Opportunities for Residents
Development of clinical toxicology educational programs.