Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
Find a doctor at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center or Johns Hopkins Community Physicians.
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
George Washington University, M.D. (2003)
University of Maryland Baltimore County, M.Sc. (1999)
Johns Hopkins University, Emergency Medicine (2006)
Johns Hopkins University, Assistant Chief of Service (2008)
Johns Hopkins University, Disaster Fellowship (2008)
J. Lee Jenkins joined the faculty in 2006 as Assistant Chief of Service and Disaster Fellow. She serves as the Disaster Control Physician for the Department of Emergency Medicine in addition to her roles as an Emergency Medicine Attending Physician. Dr. Jenkins is currently the recipient of the Johns Hopkins University's Clinician Scientist Award for her research disaster triage and discharge decision making.
Her other research interests include epidemiologic surveillance during disasters and evidenced based mass casualty triage for which she has lectured internationally. Dr. Jenkins’s research in hospital preparedness metrics and disaster epidemiology has also recently received NIH funding and support. Her disaster response and surveillance efforts have included Montserrat’s Soufriere Volcanic eruption, Hurricane Katrina and the California Wildfires of 2007.
- Hospital disaster preparedness
- Disaster triage and decision making
- Emergency medical services
- Morton M, Levy JL. Challenges in Disaster Data Collection during Recent Disasters. Prehosp Disaster Med. 2011 Jun;26(3):196-201.
- Catlett CL, Jenkins JL, Millin MG. Role of emergency medical services in disaster response: resource document for the National Association of EMS Physicians position statement. Prehosp Emerg Care. 2011 Jul-Sep;15(3):420-5.
- Levy JL, Seaman K, Levy M. A novel intervention for decreasing hospital crowding following the blizzards of 2010. Am J Disaster Med. 2011 Jul-Aug;6(4):255-8.
- Levy MJ, Seaman K, Levy JL. When the provider becomes patient: a case of prehospital carbon monoxide exposure. Prehosp Disaster Med. Jun 13, 2012.
- Clinician Scientist Award 2011-2013: Development of a risk stratification system for the discharge of hospitalized patients.Principal Investigator